Dedicated to all things baby boomer. Get the 4-1-1 on issues and information concerning primetime careers, wellness, finances, relationships, and lifestyle. What's working for us? What isn't? Will we lay down and retire at 65? Or will we be rockin' till the coffin slams? How do we make this the best time of our lives? Let's get the answers and share them here.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Crazy, Profane, and Always Entertaining - George Carlin Dies at 71

"I've been uplinked and downloaded. I've been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I'm a high-tech lowlife. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bicoastal multitasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond..."

That's one of my favorite quotes from my all time favorite comedian who passed away suddenly yesterday, June 22nd, just 41 days after his 71st birthday.

The first guest host of the now iconic 'Saturday Night Live', he acquainted us with the "seven words you can never say on television." Getting a few more acting roles in mid-life, he co-starred in several Kevin Smith films - Dogma and Jersey Girl.

I'm figuring it was difficult to save his life because he had the med staff cracking up. George displayed common genius - an influential groundbreaker that will be missed.

How George Carlin Changed Comedy - TIME
CNN Obit and Slide Show

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home