Dedicated to all things baby boomer. Get the 4-1-1 on issues and information concerning primetime careers, wellness, finances, relationships, and lifestyle. What's working for us? What isn't? Will we lay down and retire at 65? Or will we be rockin' till the coffin slams? How do we make this the best time of our lives? Let's get the answers and share them here.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

History Making Presidential Race



What a great time to be alive. I am so proud of my country today. As a Hillary supporter, I was a little bummed that the United States would not have it's first female presidential candidate (and president). It's more than time for that.

However, my youthful pessimism from the 70's Watergate fallout, war and hostage crises has been replaced with some serious Primetime Optimism. My country is finally on the precipice of electing a candidate that actually proves that the American Dream is not a fraud. Any child can grow up to be president of the United States of America. Geez. It makes me weepy.

Wow. It's happening in our time. I dare say that it is probably also because of us and our changing view of our lives, work and country. Yeah, boomers rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home